- Call the church office at (405) 525-6584 for tentative wedding dates.
Note: Due to the busy church calendar during the holiday season, weddings between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, and Palm Sunday through Easter may be difficult to accommodate. Request a copy of our Wedding Booklet prepared by First Presbyterian Church, or download the PDF:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a wedding reservation form. Once completed, return it to the church office. Read the Wedding Booklet carefully. In doing so, you will find answers to many questions regarding the rehearsal, wedding ceremony and all the services First Presbyterian Church makes available to you.
- Your reservation form will be reviewed by the pastor and organist and upon their approval, your date will be secured on the church calendar. At that time, the wedding coordinator will contact you for an initial visit to assist you with your wedding plans. A nonrefundable deposit of $200 is payable at that meeting.
- You will receive a letter from the pastor explaining premarital counseling and education preparation for a Christian marriage. The pastor will provide the name of the counselor used by the church. The fee for this counseling is in addition to any other fees and is paid directly to the counselor by the couple. You will also meet with the officiating pastor for the planning of the marriage worship service.
- The church wedding coordinator will advise you of the church’s policies concerning florist, photographers and all of the facilities and equipment available for the wedding.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Members must be active members for at least six months prior to applying for a wedding date to be eligible for the lower membership fees.
- First Presbyterian Church does allow nonmember weddings. However, date preference is given to members.
- The FPC pastor must be the officiating minister, but other clergy may participate at the invitation of our pastor.
- Taped or recorded music is not permitted. No electronically enhanced instruments shall be attached to the church audio system. Sentimental ballads, popular songs and selections from musicals are not consistent with a church ceremony and should be used at the reception.
- The organist and wedding coordinator for the wedding must be staff members of FPC.
- Saturday evening weddings may not be held after 7 p.m.
- Receptions may be held in our fellowship room (Watchorn Hall) immediately following the service.
- The fee schedule is listed inside the Wedding Booklet or can be made available to you by calling the church office.